This Magnificent home located at 1658 N High Street in the City Park Neighborhood is for sale at $820,000.
Though our speciality is certainly being one of the top Wash Park realtors, this elegant turn-of-the-century Victorian in the City Park Neighborhood has been lovingly restored to like-new condition and certainly caught our eye! Step through the copper gate into the professionally landscaped yard and up onto the large front porch–the perfect place to sit and watch the world walk by. The new elegant front door welcomes you into the main floor with its large living room, family room and dining rooms, all with refinished hardwood floors, original trim, new windows, fireplace–wonderful spaces to gather and entertain. The all new kitchen is a gourmet dream featuring a WOLF 36 inch stove/oven and professional hood, heated Italian tile floors, soapstone countertops and so much more. Upstairs you’ll find three large bedrooms including a wonderful master with builtin closets, and ensuite bath appointed with top-of-the-line fixtures and heated tile floor. A second full bath and laundry room round out the upper floor. Out back you’ll find a delightful patio and beautifully landscaped yard.
The home has three spacious bedrooms and three baths. A total of 2,086 square feet of living space all exquisitely remodeled with a high level of finish. Worthy of a perfect walk score, this neighborhood has it all. Walking distance to countless restaurants, bars, coffee shops, the best recreation center in town (Carla Madison) dog park, book store, concert venues, florists, dry cleaners, hospitals, parks, and more. The owners said during their time there they have rarely needed to get in the car. Within a few blocks were their dentist, doctor, and dermatologist. Yoga class, acupuncturist, favorite coffee shop, and massage therapist are only one block away.
Very close to both City Park and Cheeseman Park. Tons of activities for families like the Museum of Nature and Science, the Denver Zoo, East High School Farmers Market, playgrounds, and Talulah Jones toy store.
This home has been upgraded with everything you can think of. The owners were meticulous, and planned on living here quite some time. Some of those upgrades include:
- Whole house humidifier
- Air purification system
- Insta-hot water tap
- New heating and separate air conditioning for first and second floors
- All new electric work
- All new air ducts
- Top-of-the-line master suite finishes like solid brass fixtures and black marble heated floors
- Custom built-in closet in master suite
- Relocated the laundry room upstairs
- New copper water pipes
- Top-of-the-line landscape architecture and design by Blue Lotus
- Copper front gate
- Completely automated smart-home systems including Ring, August Lock, Nest, and SimpliSafe
- An extra freezer in the garage
- Timed irrigation system in front and back yard
- Custom antique Persian rug runner on back staircase (Total Cost $8,000)
- Heated floors in both the kitchen and master suite
- Custom built-ins throughout the house
- New double-pained windows with custom frames throughout the house
- Tuck-pointing all brickwork including the basement
- Restoring and painting all the exterior woodwork
- Toto bidet in master bath
- Top-of-the line finishes in the kitchen including a handmade Shaw sink and Wolf stove.
- Gas fireplace (which is why the top fireplace doesn’t work)
- Refinished wood floors throughout
The home has a cool history – it was the home of Frederico Pena’s law firm (of Pena Blvd) who was also the secretary of transportation under Clinton. It was also a Jazz radio station at one point. The owners before us transformed it from a law firm back into a house.
All the Best,
Tom & Denise Snyder